The Nvidia GeForce Experience is proprietary software that makes it possible for gamers to optimize games and update drivers.
While operating your personal computer, you may encounter the GeForce Experience error code 0x0001. If you do so, a quick fix is to change the container services or reinstall the software.
The GeForce Experience error code 0x0001 is one of the many Nvidia errors users encounter and I have written this post with enough guidelines to help you fix this Nvidia error.
Interestingly, you can fix this error code 0x0001 without any expert help or third-party assistance. I have simplified every process to make sure you can do it yourself.
Learn more: How To Fix Error 522
Nvidia GeForce Experience is important application software and it aids the gaming experience of many users. Unfortunately, many users send it complaints that their GeForce Experience stopped working and displays the error code 0x0001.
While trying to describe the error message users said a notification popped up saying something went wrong and that they were to reboot their system again before launching GeForce Experience.
If you have encountered this error message while using GeForce Experience then cheer up as you will learn how to fix Nvidia error code 0x0001.
The causes of the 0x0001 error code in Nvidia are mainly corrupt container service and outdated drivers.
How to Fix Nvidia Error Code 0x0001 GeForce Experience
Change Container Services
The first step in correcting this GeForce Experience error code 0x0001 is to change all the Nvidia Container services.
Successfully changing the container services to a local system account will help fix the error code 0x0001.
Changing the Container services is easy and you can do it while following the procedure I have listed below:
- Hold down Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Enter the text “services.msc” in the Run dialog box and press Enter
- You will see a “Services” window appear. The window will contain a list of Nvidia services
- Locate the Container services used by Nvidia in the Services window. The container services are either 3 or 4
- When you locate the Container services, right-click on them and select Properties
- In the “Properties” window, locate the Log on tab where you will find the Local System account and other settings
- Ensure you check the Local System account and also the Allow service to interact with desktop
- When you have checked the two options, click apply and OK
This should fix the error and when next you try to access the GeForce Experience application, the error would be gone.
If the error persists, the two other steps I have outlined will get it fixed. Read on.
Read more: How To Fix Nvidia Error Code 0x0003
Update Nvidia Display Driver
Your Display Driver could be the reason why this Nvidia error code 0x0001 is appearing. By simply updating the display driver, you can clear the error.
The following steps will show you how to update the Nvidia Display Driver and fix the GeForce Experience error code 0x0001:
- Go to your driver page. You will see two options which are Manual Driver Search and Automatic Driver Updates
- In the Manual Driver Search, before you hit the Start Search Button, you will have to locate and select your GPU and your system Operating Software
- When the manual search is done, you will see a list of drivers, download them and install
- With the Automatic Driver Updates option, you just click on the Download button and the software detects your GPU and downloads the latest driver compatible with your system
Alternatively, you can make use of Beta drivers. If you tried updating display drivers and the error refuses to stop, installing a Beta driver would do the trick.
To try this fix out, go to the Nvidia GeForce Beta download page and download the Beta driver. After downloading the Beta driver, go to Control Panel and click on Programs
When you are in the Programs window, locate and click on Uninstall a program. Locate and uninstall the GeForce Experience program. Install the Beta driver and the error message would be gone.
There is an easy way to go about the solution instead of manually locating and updating drivers. Simply download the TweakBit Driver Updater. The app will automatically update all your drivers.
Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
Lastly, you can download and install the latest Display Driver Uninstaller version. The DDU software helps to uninstall all the Nvidia drivers so that redownloading them would be easy. Download and open the DDU. In the right section, click on Device then choose GPU and Nvidia.
You will see a “Clean and restart” button. Click on it and then install the driver and the latest GeForce Experience software available. On the Nvidia official website, you will be able to download the latest driver and GeForce Experience application.
I am optimistic that the above failproof steps will help you fix the GeForce Experience error code 0x0001. You can continue to enjoy an uninterrupted experience with the software and fix any Nvidia error that comes up. If you encounter any challenges, feel free to let me know. Use the comment box below and I would be happy to help you out.