CCNA is one of the advanced-level certifications provided by Cisco. It stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate. So, CCNA has been preferred all over the globe for its easiness in preparation, clearing, and renewal.
CCNA has different subtypes of exams like: again-
- CCNA cloud 55 – 65 questions to be solved within 90 minutes.
- CCNA collaboration 55 – 65 questions to be answered within 75 minutes.
- CCNA Cyber Ops: 55 – 70questions to be solved within 90 minutes.
- CCNA data centre 55 – 75 questions to be solved within 90 – 120 minutes depending on the subtype of examination
- CCNA industrial: 65 – 75 questions in 90 minutes.
- A CCNA routing and switching: 45 – 70 questions to be solved in a duration of 90 minutes or 1 and a half-hour; etc.
The several posts that require CCNA Certification as one of the qualifications are:-
- A Network engineer
- Network technician
- Network security analyst
- Analyst of Network operation centre, etc.
Training and preparation:
Cisco itself provides several training and self-study materials loaded with practice questions on a free membership protocol for all of its certifications. Moreover, there is also a provision for an advanced library on a subscription basis, called the premium library.
Cost of the examination:
The average cost of all CCNA examinations ranges above that of $ 300, whereas some may range below it, excluding the location-specific and payment gateway charges.
The validity of the CCNA certifications:
Any of the above-mentioned certifications are valid only for 3 years, before which they should be renewed to be maintained like one’s achievement.
Renewal of the certification:
The certifications can be renewed in two different ways, which are: – either by retaking an exam or earning CE credits.
History of CCNA certification:-
– The first Cisco certification, the CCIE certification, was introduced 5 years before the CCNA certifications. It was in the year 1993.
– CCNA itself was introduced in the year 1998 in the Philadelphia networker show along with a few others.
– The exam number was initially 640 – 407.
– The initial examination consisted of 60 – 70 questions.
– It was 75 minutes in duration by Sprintzeal.
– The initial cost of the certification examination was only US $100, compared to that today, which is US $ 300 today.
– In the year 2000, the certification examination was recoded to 640 – 507.
– In the year 2002, the certification examination was yet again changed for numbering to 640 – 607. It cost approximately $125, whereas it was usually referred to as CCNA exam 2. O.
Code for exams:
– Towards the end of the year 2003, the exam was given the codes 640 – 801, confirming a singular big change in the examination. So, It was actually broken up into a series of 2 exams bearing the codes 640 – 821 and 640 – 811. So, both the exams were each 60 minutes o 1 hour in length while each cost around $100, thus making them costlier than the previous single composite examination.
– Moreover, in October 2007, the new examination with the codes 640 – 802 was initiated by Cisco. It again was a composite examination costing $250 and was 90 minutes in duration. Moreover, later the cost was reduced to $ 295 in the year 2012.
– Several newer examinations were introduced in the year 2008, signifying a breakthrough in the Cisco certification mandate, which was later updated in the year 2012.
– In the year 2013, the examination was yet again remodified, and the codes for the examination were changed to that 200 – 120.
– An introduction in the year 2016 was made for CCNA R&S bearing codes 200 125.
– The current code for the examination is 200 – 301. The newest version of CCNA certification was released by Cisco on February 24, 2020.
To sum it up:
Moreover, CCNA certification has a vast history and sometimes comes in handy for the candidate preparing to appear for the test and also for persons requiring a recertification examination. Moreover, besides the huge number of modifications and changes done to the initial examination, the basics of networking covered in the syllabus stay the same. Only the specialization concepts get piled up for the separate examinations. The certification thus caters to a wide range of future prospects with enriched history.